the blue garden, restored to the original
1912–1913 Olmsted Brothers design, is
lush with flowering plants such as (this
page) lavender (in the foreground), salvia
‘Victoria Blue,’ artemisia ‘Powis Castle,’ and
white balloon flower. The columns, steps,
and trelliswork of the south pergola were
rebuilt using Olmsted Brothers drawings.
Remnants of the head pool (facing page)
near the south pergola’s terrace wall were
found intact. Parker Construction of East
Providence and Newport, Rhode Island,
acted as general contractor.